18 September 2016

Bracelets Made of Earrings

For a light evening beading project I chose to make this lovely earrings called Mia from BeadsMagic
I was so pleased with how it turned out and how easy and fast it was to make one square so I just kept making them until I had enough for a bracelet. I have rather thick bones so I needed 6 squares for my hand. For my friend's hand I only had to use 5 squares. I have tried different clasp solutions with every one of them to not be to repetitive.
My favourite one is the first one I made - bronze with clear bicones.
Don't know what it is about it but I just LOVE how it turned out. There is something about it what gives it this wow factor. Is it the metallic bronze beads? Or the clear bicones? I have never used any of them for any other project before but now it's gonna be one of my favourite combinations.

Gold and green.
After finishing the first one I was truly convinced that metallic beads with any bicone would give me this WOW effect - I was wrong! My expectations were so high and the gold bracelet didn't deliver. Now, what if I would replace the bicone for some lighter colour? Would that be a solution?

Pastels.
I have shown few colour combinations to a friend of mine and she encouraged me to continue with this blue/green/peach mix. I personally have mixed feelings about it, but I learn to be more open minded about the accessories I make. Something I like might not necessary be also nice for others and vice versa.

Which colour combination is your favourite?

3 comments:

  1. I have some gold-luster/rusty orange seed beads that seem to change colors in the light, more red than orange and some dark red becomes that I think would be beautiful in one of these bracelets! I have made them into other patterns and they are beautiful@!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's supposed to be bicones, my autocorrect changed it, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Wanda, it sounds very interesting. I would love to see your approach on this bracelet. Please share if you make it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...